Tuesday, May 2, 2017

LOOPY LADDERS


For today's post ... I'd had some background paper already prepared; it had been printed a pale orange-yellow on a Gelli Plate.

Previously, I'd also "liberated" my 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders from its outer border.  After that, I had cut the liberated stencil roughly into halves.
  
I had designed the stencil so that it would be possible to do both these alterations and still keep all the individual "ladders" intact.

After placing the halved, frameless stencil onto my orange-yellow paper, I sprayed it with cranberry-mauve watercolor. 

I hope this shows the beauty of a liberated stencil -- I like the way the edges now have an irregular shape.  To my eye, it's more interesting this way...


Above is the painting.  You can click on this image to enlarge it and better see details.

Above is what the Loopy Ladders stencil looks like, before being surgically altered.

I use Joyce Chen scissors to cut my stencils; being very sharp, with short blades, they're perfect for this delicate job.

To see all my stencils, please visit here.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog ... and please come back on May 4 for for a special announcement!

I will be disabling the "subscription" option appearing in the left sidebar of this blog.  To follow my blog, please use the "follow by email" option; that box is on the upper right.