Monday, August 19, 2013


I'm gratefully passing on the news at Zibbet ...

... because painting abstracts is my first and biggest love.  It was the idea of incorporating patterns and designs into these "loose" paintings of mine, that led me to begin creating stencils for 

Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Stencils on Their Way!

Coming soon to the website

are five of my newest stencils:  Steampunk 9" X 12", Trivet 9"X12" and three 6"X6" stencils: Trivet A, Trivet B and Trivet C !  In the order listed, each is shown below; you can click on each image to enlarge it --

Steampunk 9X12
Trivet 9X12
And here are Trivets A, B and C --

I've already started to use them and photos will be posted soon!


Monday, August 5, 2013

New Stencils Coming Soon at!

I'm excited at knowing new prototypes are in the mail, making their way here to NJ from StencilGirlProducts headquarters in MO.  Upon their arrival, I will see in the flesh (or more accurately, in the plastic) what some of my newest stencils will look like.  Shortly thereafter, they will appear on the SGP website.  And they will be announced here on my blog.

In the meantime I've played with some Liquitex spray paint and my Gingko stencil ...

... to make a greeting card cover.  Before spraying with the acrylic paint, I masked off part of the stencil's overall design using scrap paper and masking tape.  Masking tape also anchored the stencil onto the blank greeting card cover (the card is made from 140-lb. watercolor paper.)  After the paint dried, I used a glue stick to add two strips of textured wallpaper that I had previously used as "catcher paper" for leftover paints (colors that I had mixed while doing my abstract paintings.)


Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stencil Quartet with the Magic of Photoshop

In my August 4 post above, I mention my 6"X6" Gingko stencil, available at
...and today I want to show another way I've used this stencil. 
It started with my doing some stencil-and-stain prints (this technique is described in an older post), followed by the afterward-discovery that an interesting, grainy stain (from acrylic paint) had been left on my stencil.
I decided to scan the stencil and its stain.  Then I experimented with Photoshop filters (mostly Hue/Saturation) to come up with the above quartet.  They will be printed and used on greeting card covers, or possibly as elements in a large collage.