Sunday, May 28, 2017

More Stencil-Combo Prints Made with My Brand-New Stencils


Again today I'll post yet more stencil combinations, using the full stencils and placing them atop one another -- either directly on top, or off to one side.  I'm still making the prints with a 4-inch-wide sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paints.  My substrates are "found" papers of various kinds. 



Above: Ski- Lift Works was the main stencil used here, on a substrate that had been previously printed with on a Gelli Plate.  On the right, I made a direct print with the stencil, using green paint.  To the left of that print, I made a "rubber stamped" print by flipping the stencil over -- while its paint was still wet -- and pressing it to the substrate.  Another layer in this multi-layered print was made with Sassy Spray.

Above:  On blueprint paper, I first printed with Sassy Spray.  The stencil I used in my top-layer print was Ski-Lift Works.
Above:  I used Sassy Spray for the top-layer (yellow) print.  I chose green paint for the bottom layer.  The stencil used there (with green paint) was Pavilion Shadows.

These 3 stencils look like this:


Ski-Lift Works 
Sassy Spray 
Pavilion Shadows

More special ways of using stencils will be posted here -- and a very special post will appear May 23.  To follow this blog, just sign up for emails on the upper right.  


The "Subscribe" option for this blog will end June 14.  The "Follow by Email" option will continue.  

To see all my stencils, old and new, just check here.

Thanks for visiting my blog!