Sunday, May 7, 2017

Stencil Combos starring PAVILION SHADOWS !


Note:  the StencilGirl links below will take you to the right stencils on the StencilGirl website, altho the stencil titles may differ from here to there.

On May 4, in introducing my just-released four 6"x6" stencils, I showed a step-by-step masking technique for combining two stencils to get a brand-new and unique print.

Today I'm posting more stencil combinations, this time using the full stencils and placing them atop one another.  Once again, I'm making the prints with a 4-inch-wide sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paints.  My substrates are "found" papers of various kinds.



Above:  On blueprint paper, I've made a lavender imprint with Pavilion Shadows ; Sassy Spray was then used, to make a yellow print over that.



On both the print above, as well as the print below, I used Pavilion Shadows to make the top-layer prints.  Under both these prints -- especially the print below -- was a Gelli Plate print made with one of my earlier stencils, Quilted Flower Garden.





Quilted Flower Garden itself looks like this --





-- and it also measures 6" x 6".


More ways of using stencils will be posted here -- and a very special post will appear May 23.  To follow this blog, just sign up for emails on the upper right.  


 June 14, the "Subscribe" option will be eliminated.  The option "Follow by Email" will continue.

To see all my stencils, old and new, just check here.

Thanks for visiting!