Wednesday, May 17, 2017

SASSY SPRAY -- Post Chop-Shop


Following in the footsteps of many of my earlier stencils, Sassy Spray, one of my newest 6" x 6" stencils, has been to the chop-shop.

This time, the alterations weren't major.  I merely customized the edges, using my Joyce Chen scissors -- perfect for stencil-cutting because they're sharp and have short blades.  

To make today's posted artwork, I used two of these altered stencils together:





I'm not at liberty to describe the technique that I used to start this painting, since it was shown on a video that's included in the June 2015 Stencil-of-the-Month package for StencilGirls' StencilClub members.  It can be back-ordered; directions are here

But that process was only the start of this particular acrylic painting, done on 12" x 9" gallery-wrap canvas. 

After that first step, I used a variety of sizes of flat-tipped brushes to add yellow highlights in emphasizing areas of the design.  I also added a number of layers of zinc white acrylic paint to mute areas of lesser interest.  And I used a nearly-empty bottle of this paint to add a spatter in the lower middle area.

Sassy Spray in its entirety looks like this:





To follow this blog, please use the "Follow by Email" option on the upper right.  As of June 14, the "Subscribe" option will be eliminated.

To see all of my stencils, from old to new, please visit here.

Thanks for your visit today!