Monday, May 8, 2017

SASSY SPRAY -- Altered!


Note:  the StencilGirl links below will take you to the right stencils on the StencilGirl website, altho the stencil titles may differ from here to there.

Following on the heels of many of my earlier stencils, Sassy Sprayone of my newest 6" x 6" stencils, has been to the chop-shop.

This time, the alterations weren't major.  I merely customized the edges, using my Joyce Chen scissors -- perfect for stencil-cutting because they're sharp and have short blades.  

To make art for today's post, I paired two of these altered stencils: 



An acrylic painting done on 12" x 9" stretched canvas.

I'm not at liberty to describe the technique used to create this painting, since it was shown on a video that's included in the June 2015 Stencil-of-the-Month package for StencilGirls' StencilClub members.  It can be back-ordered; directions are here

I haven't chosen a title yet.  Nor have I decided whether I want to enter it in the juried section of the upcoming local Canterbury Art Show.  It always takes me time to come up with a final decision as to which artworks will be put out there as candidates.

To follow this blog, please use the "Follow by Email" option on the upper right.  As of June 14, the "Subscribe" option will be eliminated.

Sassy Spray in its entirety looks like this:





To see all of my stencils, from old to new, please visit here.

Thanks for your visit today!