Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"Seaweed" Rides Again ... With a Sidekick from "Borders #1"

Still more greeting card covers --  the first one, made with my 6"X6" Seaweed stencil --

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s099.htm

I made the above collaged greeting card with an irregular cut-out of stripe-patterned handmade paper purchased long ago; for this card, I switched to using the "back" of this novelty paper.  My Seaweed stencil was used with orange acrylic paint on a Gelli Plate, with a substrate of newsprint previously dry- rushed with pale aqua acrylic paint.

The above collaged greeting card takes us back to my 9"X12" Swatton Borders #1 Stencil, which I used with aqua acrylic paint on a brayer-applied orange background.  This was glued (Tombow Glue Stick) to a frame-background of that same striped paper, this time with the striped side facing outward.
This stencil, which contains 3 individual borders, is available at STENCILGIRLPRODUCTS(TM) -- http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/l220.htm