Friday, October 28, 2016

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE!


I've now used this new 9"x 12" stencil so many times, in so many different ways, that I have to say it's become a favorite.  One thing I  like about it is that, to my eye at least, it goes with a number of other StencilGirl stencils, including my 9"x 12" Clustered Leaves.

This stencil, It's A Jungle Out There, has met the fate of many of my stencils -- it's been cut to pieces.  But this time, instead of many small pieces, there are now only three big pieces of the stencil that originally looked like this:



And here is one of my works on stretched canvas that uses imprints from these pieces:




Close-ups are below:







I did this piece atop an older artwork that had been layered with crushed tissue paper.  

In all the central areas, I used Golden High Flow acrylics; after they dried, I highlighted some areas with Sakura Solid Markers.

The outer edges, forming a rugged frame around the central areas, were made with a mixture of Golden white gesso and Golden Maganese Blue acrylic paint.