Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Composition Book Covers as Backgrounds for Experimenting



In earlier posts, I've mentioned using foil from various sources to make Gelli Plate prints -- I've used foil-laminated giftwrap as well as foil sheets, either plain or lightly embossed, that are available in printer paper size, like these below:
 



It was foil-laminated giftwrap that I used in making this Gelli Plate print, paired with my 9"x12" stencil Boxed Vines:




On a later shopping trip, in an effort to coax myself back into daily journal-writing, I bought a composition book that came with an already-attractive cover:




The only part I didn't like was the lower right area, where the maker's logo appeared.  So I cut out a section from the Boxed Vines print and glued it over the logo:




Now that I've gone that far, I can tell I will be adding more collage pieces.  I may even cover the foil piece and go in a whole new direction!