Monday, July 2, 2018

Mini Gift Box Covered with Stencil Prints


The idea for today's project is far from an original one, but it's something I never tried before.

I started with a small gift box that came with a matching lid...





Above:  On the bottom left is a piece of foreign newsprint that has been stencil-printed on the side not visible.  To its right is the gift box lid.  I've brushed heavy gel medium across the top of the lid.

Below, the medium-covered lid has been pressed upside-down onto the piece of newsprint.  My next step was to draw lines radiating out from the four corners.  I didn't bother with math-perfect measurements!  I knew I would be trimming off excess paper at the top and bottom.  
    




After cutting off that excess paper, I cut along each of the 4 lines.  Then I started brushing heavy gel medium onto the flaps.  As each flag was coated with gel, I folded it up, over the side of the box lid.... 





Having finished covering the box lid, I set it aside; it's shown -- now right-side up -- on the far left in the photo below.  The foreign newsprint had been previously stencil-printed on this side with my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls.





In the photo above, at the top left, lies an old map that's been printed with my 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders.  In the lower right is the bottom of the gift box. 

After I covered the bottom of the gift box -- taking the same steps as I had with its lid -- I cut a gift tag from the leftover Loopy Ladders print. The tag appears on the upper right in the photo below.  





Below are two shots of the finished mini gift box.  I've attached the gift tag by punching a hole thru its upper left corner and running a piece of gift wrap ribbon thru it, before tying the ribbon into a bow.







The 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls looks like this --





-- and the 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders looks like this --






Many thanks for taking time to visit my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

To follow this blog by email, please use the option-box in the upper right corner.