Sunday, July 29, 2018

At the Chop-Shop -- MIMOSA 6, IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE, PRAYER FLAGS & PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTE SMALL


I've posted before about my tendency to cut up stencils that are stained as result of earlier art projects, then use them in collage on canvas.  Well, I've done it again ...




To create the frame on this 12" x 12" stretched canvas, I used Golden High Flow acrylics and the following stencils:

Mimosa 6 (6" x 6")

It's a Jungle Out There (9" x 12")

Prayer Flags (9" x 12")

Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6")

I covered the central area of the canvas with a layer of Titanium White acrylic paint, to provide a bright white background for the cut-up, stained stencils.  Once the paint was dry, I used gel matte medium to add the stencil bits -- except for Palm Fronds Silhouette Small, which I used in its entirety.

With the exception of Mimosa 6, the stained pieces that became collage elements are all of the stencils listed above.

The cut-up stencils used in today's post looked like this, originally --


Above (9" x 12"):  It's a Jungle Out There
 
Above:  Prayer Flags (9" x 12")

And Mimosa 6, used in making the border, looks like this:





Mimosa 6 measures 6" x 6" and has a big cousin measuring 9" x 12" --



Above:  Mimosa Stencil (9" x 12")

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option, available in the upper right.