Monday, April 30, 2018

Celebrating Spring Flowery Stencils!


Although the glitter doesn't show up very well on the first art sample below, I'll launch today's post with it because making it helped in welcoming a long-awaited spring!  Before introducing the squeeze-bottle glitter-glue, I placed mt 6" x 6" stencil Budding Branches on a 6" x 6" greeting card blank and sprayed the surface with green watercolor in a mister bottle. 




The photo below shows a stretched canvas, this one imprinted with 9" x 12" Thistles as well as 6" x 6" Thistles Small.  The tall thistle prints (dark green) were muted with layers of paint added after the prints had been made.  The  prints made with 6" x 6" Thistles Small were made with yellow paint.







Still more flower prints ....

In making the print below, I first covered an old encyclopedia page with a layer of Golden Titanium White acrylic paint.  After that had dried, I used red-orange acrylic paint with my 6" x 6" stencil Silhouette of a Wildflower Bouquet.  In the very center of this image, you can see a subtle print of a flower that was an illustration in this pre-1923 encyclopedia.  (Clicking on the image below, you can enlarge it to better see detail.) 




Today's final pair of prints was made with two of my 9" x 12" stencils -- Mimosa and Thistles.  Foreign newsprint was my substrate; some of its lettering is still visible in both backgrounds below --

  






In its entirety, the 9" x 12" stencil Thistles looks like this --





Mimosa Stencil in its 9" x 12" version looks like this --





(Its companion, Mimosa 6 Stencil, measures 6" x 6".)

The art sample below started life as a sheet of newsprint that I was using to clean stencils after using them elsewhere.  But I liked the results, so I added a frame with the edge of a paint-loaded sponge brayer.  This print was made with part of my 6" x 6" stencil Swatton Flowers Version 1 ...





In its entirety, Swatton Flowers Version 1 looks like this --





Many thanks for visiting my blog today!

To follow this blog by email, please check that option in the above right sidebar.

To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start on this page.


Note:  Golden isn't the only brand of acrylic paint that I use, but it's my favorite.