Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Season of Flowers


It had been awhile since I'd used spray paint with stencils or masks.

Time to do it again!  For today's project, I chose one of the new releases of April 25 -- Mikki's Flowers Mask.

Important Note:  When using this delicate mask with spray paints, I discovered it's best to place a very small piece of masking tape -- looped in on itself so that it's sticky on all sides -- under one of the larger flower-shapes, before placing the mask onto the substrate.  This little curl of tape will keep the mask in place.  Without the tape, the force of the sprays might move the mask. 

The first and third greeting cards below are near-twins; all three were made the same way.  The watercolor sprays gave me the muted, subtle finish that I'd been looking for.

The middle card below was actually my first.  But I was too heavy-handed on the spray paints with this one!  So, with decorative-edge scissors, I cut out the part that was salvageable; used a gluestick to mount it to a dark green background; and with that gluestick, added the combination to the cover of a greeting card blank (JAMPaper.com.)










A hearty thanks to everyone visiting this blog today!

More art samples made with my April 25 releases will appear here tomorrow.  To follow this blog by email, please check the option displayed above right.

To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start on this page.