Saturday, April 14, 2018

3D Stenciling ... and More!


Collected in my files are a few photos of art made with stencils not highlighted here in a while ...

First in line, below, is a greeting card cover created with my 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves.  I used light molding paste, spreading it thru the stencil openings with a credit card.  After the paste had dried, I used a sponge brayer to add a light coating of white paint across both the raised figure and its background.  

For step-by-step photos of this technique, with directions, check here.  

(Note:  I clean stencils immediately after I've used molding paste or any other thick, three-dimensional medium.) 





Second in line today is a collage -- shown below -- created on stretched canvas.  I used several 6" x 6" stencils (better seen when you click on the image below to enlarge it)--

Upper left (green and blue background):  Ski Lift Works

Upper right (green and blue background)Ornamental Iron Curls

Lower left (green and blue background):  Pavilion Shadows 

Lower right (green and blue background):  Swatton Grid Stencil

Aqua and orange-red collage papers:   Swatton Grid Stencil and Ornamental Iron Curls.








Last in line, in today's post, is a greeting card cover with three collaged pieces.  The top piece was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Cats as well as another 6" x 6" stencil of mine, Tiger Lily ....





Cats

 Tiger Lily

To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start on this page.

Thanks for stopping by today!