Wednesday, December 6, 2017

More Christmas Fun with Stencils




The greeting card above was shown here in an earlier post, but at that time I hadn't meant for it to be a Christmas card.  I created it by painting a sheet of mica with silver metallic paint, then printing it with my 9" x 12" stencil Clustered Leaves.  It was just by chance that I used red ink and a metallic green greeting card blank.

Making Christmas cards this year, I came across this card and decided to re-purpose it, by adding a three-dimensional self-stick Christmas star.  Simple!

I used another star of the same kind on the cover of the pocket-sized journal below.  The front of this journal had already been printed with a portion of my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls.  I had masked off the edges of the journal cover with masking tape so that only the central area received the print.





December 1's post showed my original prints made on foil-laminated papers with acrylic paint, a sponge brayer and several of my stencils.  

December 2's post showed Christmas tree card covers made with some cut-outs from those prints.

Today's post moves on to show more Christmas cards, these with candles made from other cut-outs:






Both cards above were made from papers printed with my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls.

I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!