Saturday, December 30, 2017

Frieda Oxenham!


 Check out this blog post by UK artist Frieda Oxenham to see how Frieda used Washi Tape with StencilGuts bird shapes in a two-page art journal spread.  

These StencilGuts bird shapes were created from my 6" x 6" stencils Heron and Osprey Wings.  Here's a sneak-peek of Frieda's art:





Frieda's leaf imprints were created with StencilGirl's StencilClub October 2017 stencil set.

One of my pet-favorite stencils is the 6" x 6" stencil Bamboo Wall.  This is one of the stencils that was based on an ink drawing that I did, using a Chinese calligraphic brush.  

Below are some prints I made with my sponge brayer, loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint:





Above:  I used the brayer with brown paint to make the lower print.  Then I flipped the still-wet stencil over and pressed it to the old map right above the first print -- using the "inked" stencil as if it were a rubber stamp.
 
Above:  This print was created with Bamboo Wall, over an earlier print that I'd made with another 6" x 6" stencil, Trivet C.
Trivet C stencil, by itself, looks like this:




Above:  This is an example of how I load a sponge brayer with heavy-body acrylic paint.  For me, this method works better than a pouncing tool.  But it did take me some time to learn the right "touch" -- to add just enough paint thru the stencil, and to avoid adding too much.  

To follow this blog by email, please check out this option in the upper right sidebar.

I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!