Friday, December 1, 2017

Making Christmas Cards with Stencils -- Part 1


Used above:  6" x 6" stencil Kaleid

For this year's Christmas cards, I launched the idea of making Christmas tree shapes for card covers, starting with partial prints on foil-laminated 8" x 11" papers. So I made a series of partial prints that would lend themselves to be cut into triangular shape; they would also work for cutting out short vertical columns that would become candles on other Christmas cards.  


Used above: 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls

Used above: 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls

Used above:  6" x 6" stencil Kaleid


Used above:  6" x 6" stencil Ski-Lift Works

Used above:  6" x 6" stencil Ski-Lift Works (as a print, made by turning the still-wet stencil upside down and pressing it to silver foil paper)

Please come back tomorrow to see what happened next, after the prints had dried.

I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!