Monday, September 18, 2017

Orange with SASSY SPRAY Stencil



Below is an early version of a painting that has now been re-worked ... and still needs more final touches.  This "start" was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Sassy Spray, following directions given in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form (Cheap Joe's Art Stuff.)  (Note:  I altered my stencil -- only a little -- with Joyce Chen scissors.)  The reason I'm still working on this piece is that I decided it needed more contrast as well as an introduction of complementary color.  Since the piece is only 9" x 12" (on stretched canvas) I had at first thought one color family sufficed.  But since then I've changed my mind.  (The original version appears here and there ... such as at Pixels.com and Pinterest.)  




Below is another piece created with the same stencil; it has appeared here in at least one earlier version -- and I find that it, too, needs more development.  I'm still mulling over what to do ...





Sassy Spray looks like this before it gets scissor-altered --





To see all my stencils, please visit here.

To follow this blog by email, please use the Follow by Email option in the right sidebar.  

Thanks for visiting today!