Friday, February 10, 2017

Phases 1 & 2 with DANGLED PODS and TANGLED PODS


I started this art on stretched canvas using leftover paints and my 9" x 12" set Tangled Pods and Dangled Pods  --



Note:  Dangled Pods is the reverse of Tangled Pods... as shown below:

Tangled Pods
Above:  Dangled Pods

In my top-of-the-post artwork, the orange-yellow-green background was made with Tangled Pods.  The dark pink overlay was made with Dangled Pods (which is Tangled Pods in reverse.) I liked the colors but felt it needed more punch.  Fortunately, I ran across some old papers that I'd made with Tangled Pods.  I cut those into pieces and collaged them onto the canvas --





Here is a close-up of one area to show it in more detail --





This is one of the pieces I've done in what I call "Bollywood colors" -- I'm in love with the dazzling costumes of these Hindi movie dancers.  Oh um ... I'm also in love with the King of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Kahn ... but that's another story ...