Monday, February 20, 2017

Mary Ann Russo's Vintage-Themed Artwork with WROUGHT IRON GATE and SWATTON BORDERS #1


My friend Mary Ann Russo has kindly allowed me to post photos I've taken of her vintage-themed art journal-in-progress; today's post focuses on two of her 2-page spreads, both done on heavyweight, cold press watercolor paper, with Liquitex flexible modeling paste, acrylic paints and a couple of my 9" x 12" stencils.

First, I'll show the full spread of two pages with their centers yet unfinished; a smaller page is lying atop a larger page:





Next come two close-ups:







The yellow page-edges were created with portions of Wrought Iron Gate --




-- and the rust-beige page-edges were one of the three borders included in my stencil Borders #1 --





Above, the border used by Mary Ann is highlighted in red.

Thanks for stopping by!