Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Another Canvas in Progress


Today's post is a continuation of an earlier post, which showed a 9"x12" canvas; today's post shows an 8"x10" canvas that I worked on, alongside the bigger piece. 

I'll start by showing 3 close-ups:







Directly above is the canvas as it appears now, in its entirety.  Altho I've already signed it, I've decided it's not finished.  I'm going to turn it "upside-down" and develop it further.

To provide some background info:

My method for developing this piece started with the "stencil-and-stain" technique that was part of the members-only StencilClub package of June 2015.   To receive this package (which includes a video showing the technique in action, as well as the 3-part stencil-set Crop Circles) just visit StencilGirlTalk.com -- and use the right side bar to become a StencilClub member.   Once a member, send an email to stencilgirlproducts@gmail.com, citing the month-and-year package that you want to buy; then, StencilGirlProducts will provide you with a invoice through PayPal.

After laying a foundation with that technique, I added several layers of acrylic liquid paints, and followed that with using a white Sakura Solid Marker. 

6"x6" stencils that helped create this artwork:

Kaleid

Mimosa 6

Palm Fronds Silhouette Small

Swatton Grid Stencil

Thanks for visiting!