Sunday, February 2, 2020

Valentine Lovebirds and Sources for Materials Needed for Valentine Making


Pair o' Parrots is a 6" x 6" stencil that I designed with romance in mind.  So it was natural for me to use this stencil in making two Valentine cards ...








Both of the above cards were made the same way.  

For the first Valentine, I traced the parrot silhouette shapes of the stencil.  I cut out the parrots using fine-detail scissors, then used a gluestick to secure them to a white blank card.

For the second Valentine, I followed the same steps, but cut the parrots from paper laminated with textured gold foil.  Instead of a white background, I created a red background by gluing cut-to-size red paper to a greeting card blank. 

After gluing the cut-outs to their backgrounds, I added hearts created with a Marvy heart-shaped paper-crafts punch.

One economical source of paper laminated with textured gold foil is giftwrap.  Currently, it may be easier to find paper laminated with metallic glitter, in gold and other colors.  One example of the latter is here.   

Scissors for fine-detail-cutting include these, but many others are available.

My favorite gluesticks are these but I have also had good results with these

Thanks for stopping by today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.