Wednesday, February 12, 2020

2 Unique New ATC 9" x 18" Sheets Released Today!



Released Today: a brand-new collection of 18 images -- mostly stencils, with several bonus masks included -- all sized for creating Artist Trading Cards!  


ATC Mixup 1 -Swatton (9" x 12")


ATC Mixup 2 -Swatton (9" x 12")


ATC Mixup 1--Swatton offers you these images:

Top row L to R--
Diagonal Mania
Desert Blooms
Unfurling Leaves

Middle row L to R—
Ski Lift Works
Cat 1
Cat 2

Bottom row L to R—
Cat 3
Fantasia

Hot Air Balloon


ATC Mixup 2 --Swatton offers these images:

Top row L to R--
Penguin
Sprigs
Ornamental Iron Curls

Middle row L to R—
Thistles
Mikki's Flowers
Ginkgo

Bottom row L to R—
Fern Fronds Silhouette
Osprey Wings
Swan

Playing with these just-released ATC sheets, I've used them not only in making ATCs, but also, I've explored a wider range of possibilities -- bookmarks, gift-tags, collage elements, embellishments for art journal pages, hanging ornaments, greeting card covers, and even refrigerator magnets!  Their size also makes them great for bringing along on trips -- no more boring rides on the bus, train or plane!  Just add a few watercolor pencils and a brush that holds water in its handle.  One example of this kind of brush is here; other brands are available too.

Some of my 18 brand-new images closely resemble stencils and masks I'd designed previously.  (The original stencils and masks are shown at the bottom of this post.)

Despite similarities, the ATCs differ from the originals that inspired them. They stand alone as independents; but of course, they can certainly be used with the original stencils and masks to create more complex and dynamic artwork.

Not every one of these ATCs is derived from an original stencil that's proven popular during these happy years of my designing for StencilGirlProducts(TM.)  

Why not?  Good question!  Step to the head of the class!

Except for the month that I took off while recovering from a concussion, I spent about 6 months focusing on the intriguing idea of shrinking original designs, with the goal of developing 18 images, each roughly 2.5" x 3.5" ... and what I learned was that not every design can be successfully miniaturized!  Believe me, I tried!   

So I filled the gaps with designs that'd never yet seen the light of day.  

Until I'd designed the 18 images on my just-released 9" x 12" ATC Mixup 1--Swatton and ATC Mixup 2--Swatton, I'd never used ATC stencils ... so guess what I learned?  Better to cut them apart before using them!  Who knew? -- probably everyone else on Planet Earth!  I came to this as clueless as if I'd been living under a rock!

But after catching on, I learned the wisdom of an old adage from the fabric arts:  "Measure twice.  Cut once."

For me, the best way approach was to use a black Sharpie pen and a T-square ruler.  This gave me straight lines while providing adequate margins around each ATC design.

Since Valentine's Day arrives in 2 days, today's post features my own versions of unique Valentine-themed art samples, all created with these just-released stencils.



Featuring Fantasia from ATC Mixup 1

Below:  Five cat lovers' Valentines, each decorated with a Dresden foil embellishment.  Dresden embellishments are available on Etsy, from several sellers, as well as here on AmazonSmile (same as Amazon except that you can pick a charity to receive a small percentage on some of your purchases.)  All five of these next samples feature Cats from ATC mixup 1.










The image below features Hot Air Balloon from ATC mixup 1--Swatton.






The hot air balloon above differs in size from images in my original two stencil-and-mask sets entitled Hot Air Balloons.  Those originals can be seen here.

Below:  Mikki's Flowers from ATC mixup 2--Swatton ....








Above: Sprigs (ATC Mixup 2--Swatton.) Below: Ornamental Iron Curls (ATC Mixup 2--Swatton.)




ATC Mixup 1--Swatton inspirations --



Ski Lift Works (6" x 6")



Cats (6" x 6")


Fantasia (9" x 12")


Hot Air Balloon (in 2 sizes -- 6" x 6" and 4" x 4")

ATC Mixup 2 --Swatton inspirations:



Penguin Family (6" x 6")


Sprigs (6" x 6")


Ornamental Iron Curls (6" x 6")


Thistle (9" x 12")
and

Small Thistles (6" x 6")
Mikki's Flowers Mask (6" x 6")



Ginkgo (6" x 6")
Fern Fronds Silhouette Mini (4" x 4")





Osprey Wings (6" x 6")

A hearty, sincere thank-you to everyone who's landed here at my blog today!

Throughout the rest of February, my daily posts will showcase many ways to use my 2 now-released ATC --Swatton 9" x 12" stencils and masks. 

Normally I invite readers to follow this blog by email using that option in the upper right sidebar. This time, beyond invitation, I encourage following this daily ATC series on my blog.  I've learned a lot during the time devoted to this project, and I want to pass on these tips.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, start here.

ATC Mixup Swatton #1 (9" x 12")

 ATC Mixup Swatton # 2  (9" x 12")