Friday, December 7, 2018

Still More Christmas Cards


I've made another four Christmas cards -- this time, with marbled paper, metallic-green blank greeting cards and Inkssentials foil tape sheets by Ranger.  This self-adhesive foil comes in 6" x 12" sheets.

For decorating the foil, I used red acrylic paint on a Smudgee, along with two strips from my Borders series of stencils, Borders # 1 and Borders # 2. (There is also a Borders #3 stencil.)  Each of these 9" x 12" stencils contains three unique borders.  For me, using these borders is made easier by my cutting vertically down thru the stencils to separate the individual borders into strips.  Once the borders are cut into strips, they're perfect for automatically measuring the two sides of the pillar candles; I simply score a line along the two edges of this Mylar strip.  Then I cut alone those lines.

  
Above:  Borders # 1 marked with the vertical strip that I cut apart from the 9" x 12" stencil.


Above: Borders # 2 showing the strip I've cut off this 9" x 12" stencil. 

The four new Christmas cards are lined up below.









To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To follow it by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.