Thursday, October 4, 2018

Metallics and Stencils -- Better Together!


Some time ago, on StencilGirl Talk blog, I did a how-to write-up entitled Foiled Again!  You can read it, and see its step-by-step photos, using this link

Among the photos posted there are the first three below --











In the above art samples, each features a ribbon that's become metallic with the help of rub-on foil and my 6" x 6" stencil Kaleid.  A full list of supplies is included in that write-up at StencilGirl Talk blog.  

Another approach to getting a metallic look with stencils is simply to start with foil, textured or plain.  You can use copy-paper-size foil sheets available at art/craft stores; or metallic gift-wrap; or even pieces of foil-laminated paper that comes for a free ride in some types of junk mail.  I've used all three.



Above:  I started with plain gold foil-paper, made a print on it with Ornamental Iron Curls (6" x 6") stencil; then cut it into a Christmas tree shape.



Above:  On heavily textured silver foil-paper, I made a green print with Ornamental Iron Curls , followed by a yellow print created using Pavilion Shadows (6" x 6") stencil.


Above: With my 6" x 6" stencil Swaying Grasses, I used red acrylic paint to make a print on faintly textured silver foil-paper; then I cut it into a heart shape.  After giving it a red background, I added a small red heart that I'd made with a heart-shaped hole-punch.

To see more ideas for pairing stencils with foils, or achieving a metallic look in other ways with stencils, just stay tuned.  

You can follow this blog by email using that option available in the upper right.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here

Thanks for stopping by here today!