Thursday, August 24, 2017

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE -- Another Example of a Stained Stencil used as a Collage Element


Above:  This is the full-sized sheet that started life as a Gelli Plate print; its circular designs came from a plastic support gismo made for holding paper plates at a picnic!  Over that background I added, as collage elements, pieces of It's A Jungle Out There, left over from a previous project that had stained them green-blue-aqua.  I also added a gold-stained piece of Map stencil by Mary C. Nasser.

Below is a close-up detail of one area; in this shot you can more clearly see the piece of reflective self-adhesive shell that I added as another collage element.  I bought this sheet of reflective shell years ago and can no longer remember its source.  I added a drop of alcohol ink to this piece of shell to heighten its color.




Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To see my full line of stencils, please visit here.


To follow this blog by email, please use the Follow by Email option in the right sidebar.