Thursday, August 3, 2017

Canterbury Art Show and Other Art Shows


One of the artworks I'll be taking to the Canterbury Art Show, Labor Day weekend, is Before Long, shown below.





In creating this artwork on stretched canvas, I used the StencilGirlProducts Line Waves stencil, designed by artist Trish McKinney.  I've ordered several of these identical stencils and have cut them into pieces.

Most of this art was created following directions given in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form.  I used Golden Fluid Acrylics and Golden High Flow Acrylics.

My last step was to add stained pieces of the stencil itself, letting them become collage elements.

In the artwork below, I followed the same method as far as the first step, using the same acrylics.  In this art, titled Unravel, I didn't add any of the stencils themselves.

The stencils I used were StencilGirlProducts Line Waves stencil, designed by artist Trish McKinney, and Curves, by MaryBeth Shaw.






This second artwork was finished just in time to be entered in the July Summer Painters Show at the Guild of Creative Art, Shrewsbury, NJ.

Previously at the Guild, in another month-long show, I'd displayed yet another artwork I had created with this favorite stencil by Trish McKinney -- 

Above:  Matrix is the title of this multi-layered art on stretched canvas.
  
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  

To see my full line of stencils, please visit here.

To follow this blog by email, please use the Follow by Email option in the right sidebar.