Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Stencil Itself as Art



I've been at it again -- cutting up some of my heavily stained stencils for use as collage elements.  To better see any of the images below, just click on it.


Above: Part of It's a Jungle Out There (9" x 12") was used in this collage.


Above:  The 6" x 6" stencil Kaleid was used in the upper right in this collage.


Above:  9" x 12" stencil Tangled Pods was used in the upper left of this collage.

None of these collages was made specifically for these stencils, stained with acrylic paints from previous projects.

But every artist has a "personal palette" -- a range of colors that are used again and again, because each artist tends to favor certain ranges of color.

Over time, my collage papers and my stained stencils have accumulated into color groups because of the preferences I have -- these favored ranges of color that I use over and over.

So it was extremely easy to match stencils with collages that I'd made maybe a year ago.  

Thanks for your visit to my blog today!