Wednesday, February 24, 2016

TANGLED PODS and FACETS Stencils used with the Gelli Plate


I have still more mixed-media collages to show, as result of the November-December online workshop I took with Jane Davies.




The art above is not finished yet, but is complete enough to be shown.  In the central oval background can be seen a print made with my 9"x12" stencil Tangled Pods, which in its entirety looks like this:




Another mixed-media collage from that workshop is this:




Its wide red-hued vertical stripe was created with my 9"x12" stencil Facets, which in its entirety looks like this:




The aqua-green background looks as if stenciled, too, but was actually was made with a different method.  I can't share the techniques we used in this workshop of Jane's, since that's her property, not mine; but I'm sure she will offer this Gelli Plate printing workshop again.