Saturday, February 13, 2016

PRAYER FLAGS, FACETS and TANGLED PODS in New Mixed-Media Collages


I now have quite a stack of mixed-media collages on printmaking paper, some of which will become portfolio pieces to go to the Canterbury Art Festival (Rumson, NJ) this September.  Not all are going, because not all are finished, but they are complete enough to be posted here.




Click on the above image to better see the top of the vertical pink paper stripe in this mixed-media collage.  This was printed during the November-December Gelli Plate printing online workshop that I took with Jane Davies.  In making that print, I used my 9"x12" stencil Prayer Flags, which, in entirety, looks like this:



Below, this mixed-media collage was made with the help of my 9"x12" stencil Facets, which was used in printing the wide, vertical paper strip that bisects the big top circle:




The Facets stencil itself, in entirety, looks like this:




My third mixed-media collage to show today was made with the help of my 9"x12" stencil Tangled Pods, which you can see both in the foreground and in the background below --



Thanks for visiting!