Thursday, July 2, 2015

Art-C Groove Tool with Stencils



To test my new Art-C Groove Tool with its brush head, I started with Carolyn Dube's  Scribble-Scratch Handwriting Stencil.

ABOVE: THE STENCIL HAS BEEN PLACED ON THE BLANK CANVAS.
 
ABOVE: RED ACRYLIC PAINT HAS BEEN APPLIED THRU THE STENCIL. 
I forgot to take an "after" shot of the canvas right after the stencil had been lifted -- trust me, it turned out great -- so I promptly reached for another canvas and another stencil.  This time I chose Maria McGuire's Doodle It Tornado Bloom and placed it on the second canvas, which was an artwork already in progress --

ABOVE:  MARIA'S STENCIL HAS BEEN PLACED ON THE CANVAS. 
 
ABOVE:  THE ART-C GROOVE TOOL HAS BEEN USED TO APPLY TITANIUM WHITE ACRYLIC PAINT. 

ABOVE:  THIS CLOSE-UP SHOWS THE AREA OF THE PAINTING WHERE I USED THE TOOL , AFTER MARIA'S STENCIL HAD BEEN LIFTED.  THERE WAS NO PAINT SEEPAGE UNDER THE STENCIL; THE DESIGN CAME OUT CRISP AND CLEAR.
My thanks to Cindy Powell, my friend in Utah, who went to a store in her area, bought the tool for me, and shipped it here to NJ! 

Since the Art-C Groove tool also comes with a sponge head and two abrasive heads, I plan to use it later in the subtractive technique -- using a stencil, of course. 

Below is a photo of the first canvas, after it was finished.  On the final layers, several times, I re-used Carolyn's Scribble-Scratch Handwriting Stencil .



3 comments:

  1. Can you say more about the tool? It looks like something that would be great for polymer clay sanding and polishing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee,
    I have never worked with polymer clay but I know that baking hardens it. I don't think this tool has enough power to handle sanding and polishing a hard surface. The tool has two speeds, low and high, but is not meant for heavy use. It runs on two AA batteries. Hope this helps...
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing you use The Groove Cecilia! Looks like you had a great time and your artwork shows it :) We are going to be playing with this tool on StencilGirl Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete