Sunday, October 26, 2014

KALEID shows up again...



My 6"X6" stencil Kaleid --


-- found at StencilGirlProducts --

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s085.htm

-- came in handy when I was creating a collage for an online class I'm taking with Jane Davies.

With this stencil, I used a Gelli Plate and red acrylic paint to make a print on deli wrap.  When the print dried, I cut it into two pieces and added them to this work in collage and acrylic:

ABOVE:  A NARROW STRIP OF THE PRINT WAS USED IN THE UPPER LEFT ARM OF THIS CRUCIFORM, AND THE REST OF THAT PRINT WAS USED IN THE CENTRAL-RIGHT AREA.
It's not easy to find in the photo above, but the close-up below shows where I used another stencil-made print, elsewhere in the same collage. 



My substrate was a piece of polka-dotted black-and-white scrapbook paper.  With red acrylic paint and the Gelli Plate, I made a print on that paper with my 9"X12" stencil Twinship --


The results are subtle, since this print was made on a busy and finely detailed background paper, but subtle was what I wanted in this area of the cruciform, since it wasn't meant to be the focal point.