Tuesday, July 1, 2014

NEW NEW NEW Continues ... Palm Fronds Silhouette stencils in 2 Sizes ... and a Mary Beth Shaw Mini-Video


Today's post starts with the quick, easy technique of spraying paints thru stencils.  Here I'm using my 4"X4" stencil Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini but I could have substituted my 6"X6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.

First, the results of my original spray:


The next three photos show the results of a Photoshop experiment, combining the image above with backgrounds other than plain white. 

 

 


Using color and special effects Photoshop filters can be addicting, but the yield is a wide range of paper print-outs ready to be added to art journal pages, greeting card covers and collages. 

This post features only 2 of 6 just-released stencils continuing my line of botanical designs.  The other stencils are individually featured -- with other art-making techniques -- in my "NEW NEW NEW" cluster of posts.  To find the other posts in this cluster, click "Older Posts" at the bottom of this webpage. 

Also, please check out this video from Mary Beth Shaw --