Friday, July 5, 2013

Another Happy Surprise

I had another happy surprise today when I opened the Stencil Girl Talk e-newsletter in my Inbox --

http://www.marycnasser.com/2/post/2013/07/new-work-wednesday-nature.html

Clicking the above link, you can see that artist Mary C. Nasser came up with a very creative way to use my 6"X6" stencil Seaweed, available at StencilGirlProducts ...

http://stencilgirlproducts.com/stencils-6x6/view/716

I speak with total sincerity -- not modesty -- when I say that every time I see one of my StencilGirlProducts stencils used, I'm surprised:  the reason being that, when I look thru the large selection of stencils available on that website, I see work by other designers that has me completely in awe.  I never knew stencils could be so exciting!  Every abstract artist (and many representational artists) should own the whole collection!  I often find in my own work, as I move thru the process, that I suddenly wish I had bought such-and-such stencil as part of my most recent order.  Bottom line:  if I don't have it on hand, I can't use it -- so I need to grab every design that catches my eye, even if I have no immediate idea as to where I will eventually see a need for using it.  And I need to check the SGP website often, because new stencils continually pop up there. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your seaweed stencil, Cecilia!
    It was such an honor and delight for me to use your stencil in my first StencilGirl Talk tutorial post today.
    All of my work is inspired by nature, so this particular stencil really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete