Friday, July 5, 2013

Another Happy Surprise

I had another happy surprise today when I opened the Stencil Girl Talk e-newsletter in my Inbox --

http://www.marycnasser.com/2/post/2013/07/new-work-wednesday-nature.html

Clicking the above link, you can see that artist Mary C. Nasser came up with a very creative way to use my 6"X6" stencil Seaweed, available at StencilGirlProducts ...

http://stencilgirlproducts.com/stencils-6x6/view/716

I speak with total sincerity -- not modesty -- when I say that every time I see one of my StencilGirlProducts stencils used, I'm surprised:  the reason being that, when I look thru the large selection of stencils available on that website, I see work by other designers that has me completely in awe.  I never knew stencils could be so exciting!  Every abstract artist (and many representational artists) should own the whole collection!  I often find in my own work, as I move thru the process, that I suddenly wish I had bought such-and-such stencil as part of my most recent order.  Bottom line:  if I don't have it on hand, I can't use it -- so I need to grab every design that catches my eye, even if I have no immediate idea as to where I will eventually see a need for using it.  And I need to check the SGP website often, because new stencils continually pop up there.