Sunday, July 12, 2020

Film Festival to Celebrate the Birthday of the Original StencilGirl, Mary Beth Shaw!


I'm happy to take part in a huge film festival celebrating the birthday of the original StencilGirl, MaryBeth Shaw! 






You can have access to the whole video collection here.

And/or you can watch my video here.

For this video I used my 9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves --






Below, a parade of prints made with the scraping method featured in my film:































Below, a collage on stretched canvas created using stencil- and mask-painted papers as well as other papers:






The vertical rectangle running down the right side of the above collage was printed with my 9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves, using the video's scrape technique.   I flipped this section sideways to give a better view of that paper; below, it appears as a band across the bottom.






Most of the other papers were printed with my 9" x 12" mask Looking Up Through Trees, which looks like this...







Below, a collage-in-progress, being developed with mask- and stencil-printed papers and other painted papers:








Above:  The focal point is cut from one of the prints shown a little earlier in this post.  It, too, was printed with my 9" x 12" mask Clustered LeavesAlong the bottom are two smaller papers, both cut from a print I'd made using 6" x 6" Ski Lift Works --






Thanks for stopping here today!  Enjoy the StencilGirl Film Festival!