Sunday, June 30, 2019

Newly Released Mini 4" x 4" Stencils


More ways to use my just-released two 4" x 4" stencils/masks fill today's post.

I've enjoyed creating some prints that I think of as "tile" prints.

Part of this "tile" look is developed by turning the stencils in opposite directions in making each print.  This yields an impression of unity (because some designs match) yet, at the same time, variety (which ramps up interest for the viewer.)  

For the first "tile" below, I used both m268 R and E and m267 M and Y. (Its background is a pre-painted now-invalid stock certificate, a flea market purchase.)   




For the second "tile," I used m267 M and Y. (Its background is a sheet of foreign newsprint.)




The "tile" below combines prints from both m268 R and E and m267 M and Y, as well as incorporating a background print made with my 9" x 12" stencil Clustered Leaves.  The prints were made with acrylic paints; the borders were added with crayon. 




Below is a piece that, to my eye, has a tile-like appearance, maybe because I've seen tiles used diagonally this way.  4" x 4" m268 R and E and m267 M and Y both were used.  Asemic writing (brought up in my June 28 post) was also used.







Above is today's final "tile," developed with acrylic paints on pre-painted foreign newsprint.  Again, 4" x 4" m268 R and E and m267 M and Y both were used.

Altho I've used paper substrates for today's projects, these stencils would bring the same results if used on blank ceramic tiles.  (Using this link will take you to a set of 4" x 4" tiles that come with complete directions.)

Thanks for visiting today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

More art samples made with my two new stencils/masks will be posted here tomorrow.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.