Friday, June 28, 2019

More Art Samples Created with Brand-New 4" x 4" Mini Stencils m267 and m268


Today's post brings more art samples developed with my pair of new StencilGirl stencils -- each a mini of 4" x 4".  (They could also be called masks rather than stencils.)


M and Y, measuring 4" x 4" (m267)
  

R and E, measuring 4" x 4" (m268)

I used both stencils in developing the image below.  My approach was, first, to make prints with acrylic paint on previously prepared paper; then, to use calligraphic marks to fill in all of the printed areas, except for the one on the lower right.  

In some areas, I came back to cover these calligraphic marks with more prints, using the same two mini stencils.  The stencil used here was M and Y.





I took a similar approach in creating the piece below; this time, I created a diamond-like background shape with the calligraphic marking itself.  Then I made multiple randomly placed prints with m268 (R and E), covering the diamond shape as well as the rest of the piece.  Do you notice how m268's prints resemble puzzle pieces?  Entirely unintended; but I like it.





M268 (R and E) was again the stencil/mask I chose to use in making the piece below --





In a similar piece, the stencil used below was M and Y.






In the photo above, both of these 4" x 4" minis were used as the top layer of a 3-layer "sandwich" -- the middle layer is calligraphic writing; the bottom layer is a print made with my 9" x 12" stencil/mask Branching Blossoms Silhouette.
StencilGirl StencilClub member Lisa Dobry gets all the credit for having encouraged me to try this calligraphic scribbling -- but she does it much better than I do.  Asemic writing is the title for this kind of scribble, which can be meaningless or can have actual (but often disguised) meaning.

I like pairing it with stencil prints because I can use them to create the basic shapes to fill in with my Sharpie white painting pen, which will write on just about any surface.  

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here. To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  Thanks for visiting here today!