Friday, January 19, 2018

Fun New Prints Made with HOT AIR BALLOON Stencils and Masks!



Today I'm sharing a fun way to use my new four-part release, Hot Air Balloons and Masks, which comes in two sheets, one 6" x 6" sheet and one mini-sheet measuring 4" x 4".  Although these sheets come in two sizes, the stencils and masks are identical in design.


The photo below shows, on the left, a print I've just made with the 6" x 6" stencil.  I made it using a 6-inch-wide soft rubber 
brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint.

Immediately after making the first print I made a second one (on the right, below).



For today's purposes, the prints themselves aren't the goal.  Instead, the goal is to load the 
soft rubber brayer with (1) plenty of heavy-body acrylic paint and (2) a strong imprint of part of the stencil design.

Right after making the second print, run the brayer over a second sheet of paper --



Above is my first set of results.  It's not the hot air balloon image, but rather, an original, repeating design forming a border.  For me, this discovery was a lot of fun!

Below is my second set of results.  Notice, at the bottom of the photo, the 
brayer I'm using.  These soft rubber brayers are the kind that I prefer.  Since I haven't tried this kind of printing with a hard rubber brayer, I can't say whether or not it would work.




To better see this soft rubber brayer, you can click on the above image to enlarge it.

Below are another two fun prints that I made this way. 







Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To see all my stencils, please visit 
here.