Monday, January 29, 2018

FACETS & MIMOSA 9" x 12" Stencils


At an estate sale, I bought an ancient set of encyclopedias -- gaining a plethora of vintage papers as well as a number of green marble-patterned end papers.
I've used of those end papers to make a print with yellow acrylic paint and my 9" x 12" stencil Facets... 




Some of those vintage pages got painted over; below is one example.  Its first coat of acrylic paint was a bright gold.  For its second layer, I again used Facets, with red paint.  After that dried, I chose a translucent white (Zinc White mixed with extra-heavy matte medium) to add a top layer with the 9" x 12" version of my Mimosa stencil (which also comes in 6" x 6".)




The Facets stencil looks like this --




-- and  the 9" x 12" Mimosa stencil looks like this --




Thanks for stopping by today!

To see all my stencils, please visit here.