Thursday, November 2, 2017

Artist Mary Ann Russo with WEBBED MEDALLION and TIGER LILY 6" x 6" Stencils


My friend Mary Ann Russo has created gorgeous stained- glass-window artworks using my 6" x 6" stencils Tiger Lily and Webbed Medallion.

Mary Ann's method was to start with watercolor geometric shapes on watercolor paper.  Next, she used a brayer to roll black acrylic paint over the stencils.  While the paint was still wet, she flipped the stencils over and pressed them to the watercolor paper -- using the stencils like rubber stamps.

Since some of the lines didn't imprint fully, Mary Ann filled in a few gaps with a black marker.  

She cut one of the papers into a stained glass window shape and added a dark paper frame.


Made with Tiger Lily 6" x 6" stencil


Made with 6" x 6" Webbed Medallion stencil



Made with Tiger Lily 6" x 6" stencil
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

My thanks also to Mary Ann, for generously allowing me to post her artwork online.

To see all my stencils, please check here.