Saturday, March 4, 2017

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE Teamed with Wendy Aikin's CRAZED STENCIL


Crazed Stencil, by Wendy Aikin, is the more prominent stencil that I used in making this mixed-media artwork on stretched canvas:





I also used pieces of my 9"x 12" stencil It's A Jungle Out There

Close-ups of details:



Above center:  Crazed Stencil was used with modeling paste, later coated with acrylic paints.  Above right:  It's A Jungle Out There was used with purple acrylic paint.



Above:  Same area, but showing more imprint from It's A Jungle Out There on the far left and diagonally across the upper right.

Above:  Diagonally across the central area, purple acrylic paint was used with It's A Jungle Out There.  Above upper right:  Crazed Stencil was again used with modeling paste, then coated with acrylic paints.

Above:  It's A Jungle Out There was used with purple acrylic paint atop the horizontal red area.

When it's not cut up, my 9"x12" stencil It's A Jungle Out There looks like this:



Yes, I send many of my stencils to the "chop-shop" so I can more easily use smaller parts of them.