Thursday, August 27, 2020

Black and White Art-Making Ideas with Stencils and Masks

NOTICE:  Starting September 1, my new blog address will be:

http://ceciliaswatton.blogspot.com/

Today's first black-and-white art sample features hot air balloons created with freehand drawings.  



Featured stencil: my 9" x 12" stencil Facets.



Developing the art sample above, I started with a mix of white gesso and liquid matte medium; and I used the subtractive/reductive technique to lay in the stenciled area.  My 9" x 12" Facets, in its entirety, looks like this:


Facets (9" x 12")

After creating today's hot air balloon art-sample, I switched to a second subject -- vases -- and used zinc white acrylic instead of a gesso-liquid matte medium mixture ... 




Above:  These stencil-patterns of smaller vases in the upper left and lower right were created with my 9" x 12" stencil Vases.


My 9" x 12" stencil Vases looks like this:



Vases (9" x 12")


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.  NOTICE:  Starting September 1, my new blog address is:

http://ceciliaswatton.blogspot.com/