Sunday, February 10, 2019

Can You Make a Valentine from THAT Stencil Print?


Valentine's Day, for me, means making cards ... and I get a lot of fun out of developing cards with stencil-prints not normally associated with this holiday that celebrates love.


Above:  Central heart cut from a print made with Quilted Flower Garden.

Quilted Flower Garden measures 6" x 6" and looks like this in its entirety --





The rest of today's red-and-white print was used in making another card, shown below ...





The central red mini-heart was created with one of the paper-crafting  shape-punches by Marvy.

The greeting card blanks that I've used here came from JamPaper.com, but this company no longer offers a 6" x 6" greeting card blank in the metallic white version I'm showing here.  Other colors are still available in this size at JAMPaper.

Below is another paper printed with the help of a stencil -- this time, I used part of my 9" x 12" Swatton Borders # 2 Stencil.





The right edge of this red-and-white print will be cut into hearts with my Marvy heart punch.  The hearts will be collage elements on Valentines; the caption on each card will read,  "You hold a key to my heart."

Below you can see, in its entirety, Swatton Borders # 2 Stencil. ...



The above stencil is one in a series of three 9" x 12" borders stencils that I've designed.  To make them easier to use, I've cut each stencil into three separate strips.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.