Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Striking Gold


 For today's post I've started with 140-lb. hot press (smooth surface) watercolor paper and covered it with gold metallic paint, loving this rich shade that Golden makes--




After the paint dried, I added stencils, holding each in place with masking tape --





The stencils shown above are:

on the far right, my 9"X 12" Borders #2 stencil -- 

at bottom left, a portion of my 9"X 12" Boxed Vines stencil;

my 6"X6" Mimosa stencil (upper left);

my 6"X6" Kaleid stencil (middle top.)

Next, very lightly pounced thru the stencil openings with a Ranger alcohol ink applicator and just a few drops of Ranger alcohol inks, pictured below.  





Below is the sheet of gilded paper after the stencils were lifted off.




I then cut out each of the stenciled areas; most of them are pictured below:

Above:  For this print, I used a portion of my 9"X 12" stencil Boxed Vines.

Above:  For this print, I used one of the three borders in my 9"X12" stencil Borders # 2.

Above:  This print was made with my 6"X 6" Kaleid stencil.

Thanks for visiting!  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.