Monday, June 18, 2018

PRAYER FLAGS (9" x 12") and OSPREY WINGS (6" x 6") Stencils Together


Two stencils were used in making this art on stretched canvas --





Background areas across the painting were created with Prayer Flags (9" x 12") ...






... and the focal area was developed with a mask I'd made using my 6" x 6" stencil Osprey Wings --





It's easy to make a temporary mask with a silhouette stencil like this one.  I simply placed the stencil atop a sheet of sturdy cardstock and, with a fine-tip pen, traced along the edges of the top Osprey above.  

To cut out the shape, I used fine-detail scissors by Fiskars.  However, for fine-detail work (such as the wing edges), some artists prefer using Exacto knives and cutting mats.

After cutting out my temporary mask, I created my focal point, placing it on the canvas and, with a Sofft Sponge, daubing acrylic paints around it.

Sometimes,  at StencilGirl.com, you can find a sale on StencilGuts.  Each package of these stencil cut-outs features a theme, including a birds theme.  If you're lucky enough to grab one of these, you'll have bird masks ready-made!  To keep track of these sales, check out StencilGirl on Facebook.

Thanks for visiting here today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.