Thursday, February 15, 2018

Flowers in February? Yes, with Stencils!


Thanks to the magic of stencils, flowers can bloom any time, any place!

Before Queen Anne's Lace was a 9" x 12" stencil at StencilGirlProducts.com, it was a silkscreen.  I had the screen made by a professional; then I used it on stretched canvas in a layered painting.  The design is essentially the same, as you can see below.





Above:  the silkscreen print.

Queen Anne's Lace

Blooming Where Planted is another of my floral-themed 9" x 12" stencils; below, I've used part of this three-section stencil as a collage element.  It's a stencil section that had been stained as result of a number of earlier art projects.  I began to like the stained version so much that I decided to mat it....







The original stencil looks like this:



Blooming Where Planted

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils please check here.