Thursday, January 5, 2017

Tommy McDonell Returns!


Sadly, there are people who are actually afraid of color!  Oh yeah.  I know of one person whose home is completely white indoors -- walls, floors, furniture -- for this very reason.

But artist Tommy McDonell is not one to fear color!  She uses it with wonderful abandon.

Wanna see?

Above:  a close-up detail of an artwork by Tommy in which she used a variety of beautiful StencilGirl stencils, and, making me very happy, included among them my 9"x12" stencil Wrought Iron Gate.  

Above:  another close-up detail of an artwork by Tommy in which she used a variety of gorgeous StencilGirl stencils, and, to my delight, included among them my 9"x12" stencil Wrought Iron Gate.  




Above: In a aclose-up detail from a different artwork of Tommy's, the white imprints in the upper left and lower right were made with one of my two stencils Palm Fronds Silhouette, which comes in 2 sizes -- 6"x 6" and 4"x 4"


Above:  a full-sized artwork by Tommy that again has imprints from my Wrought Iron Gate stencil, among other gorgeous stencils from StencilGirlProducts.com.  

Tommy tells me that Wrought Iron Gate is one of her StencilGirl favorites because it holds up well even when covered with lots of heavy media!  

The stencil itself looks like this:




Other stencils of mine that Tommy used above are --





And Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4" x 4"):





Be sure to catch up with Tommy McDonell here--

Facebook:  TommyBuellMcDonellArt 

And here –
Tommy’s website:  tbmcdonellart.com