Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Two Stenciled Prints, Further Developed


In one of my March 29 posts, I showed multiple steps taken to create a print with my 6"X6" stencil Bamboo Wall and my 9"X12" stencil Two Fans.
Below is the Bamboo Wall print as it appeared at that time:


I could've stopped here.  But I decided to continue working on both pieces, first dribbling tar gel across the surface of both the fans (shown below, cut out) and the bamboo (not shown) --


After the tar gel dried, I made three separate glazes of liquid gloss medium mixed with three colors of acrylic paint.  These mixes were painted over the above prints, one color at a time, with dry-time between coats.

Then I cut out the smaller of the two fans and used it on the cover of a 6"X6" greeting card --


I also scanned the larger of the two fans, cut it out, and adjusted its color in Photoshop, with this result:

Next, I scanned my Bamboo Wall print and, likewise, altered its color in Photoshop:
Despite the altered colors, the squiggles of tar gel and the additional glazes are visible when you click on the above image to enlarge it.