Monday, January 27, 2020

Courting Cranes Dance on this Valentine


Not everyone would recognize this 6" x 6" stencil as being a silhouette of cranes doing their elegant dance of courting.



Dance of the Courting Cranes

So, in my approach to today's Valentine, I decided to emphasize the point by using traditional Valentine colors as well as adding a heart...







Above:  Having placed the mask half of this stencil onto the back-side of red paper that came pre-printed with a white floral pattern, I trace the shapes with a black marker. 

Below, I cut along the lines with Fiskars fine-detail scissors --






In the next photo, I've turned the paper right-side-up ...





And below, having used a gluestick to add the cut-out to a greeting card, I get out my paper-crafting heart punch from Marvy.






  Finally, I punch out a white heart shape and glue it to the cut-out:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  To scroll thru my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.