Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"Two Fans" 9"X12" Stencil -- Introducing my Upcoming Asian Series at STENCILGIRL(TM) Products

 
I used a cosmetic sponge with teal and dark green acrylic paints to pounce thru my Two Fans 9"X12" stencil.  The paper underneath was foreign newsprint, which had been painted over, earlier.

I decided to cut out and use one of these fans on the greeting card cover below.  The card edges were colored with Distress Ink and I added glitter glue to the squiggles that formed the fan:

I treated the other fan-print as a squiggled background, and cut four letters from it, then collaged them onto a foil-covered greeting card:


The greeting card below shows another way to use the fan-lines as background for shape-cutting, this time as a heart.  I glued this heart cut-out onto another heart, then glued both to a greeting card covered with prepared paper.  (Earlier prep of that paper was done with a Gelli Plate and yellow-green acrylics, on newsprint.  The embellished background design is from another stencil of mine, Borders 1.  To make that print, I brayered the Gelli Plate with green acrylic, added the stencil, and placed the substrate over that.  I burnished with both hands, then pulled the print.)  Both stencils can be found by scrolling down this page: